I would say that a problem I have had & still have to a certain extent, is to do with self confidence (well the lack of).
I’ve aways been a reserved person but this was highlighted even more when I went to Uni. I found it quite hard to make friends & push myself out of my comfort zone, which in turn led to me being rather lonely.
This is probably when the self confidence issues started to creep in.
When you are alone 95% of the time, it becomes so easy to get trapped in your own head & be consumed by self destructive thoughts.
There would be times where I wouldn’t leave my room for days due to crippling social anxiety & the fear of being judged on my appearance.
I still find it quite hard to socialise with people, especially those I don’t know but I’m not as bad as I used to be.
This is a question I get asked a lot & love to ask also.
So naturally you’d think that I would instantly be able to give an answer right?
My answer changes everytime I get asked this and my favourite film is heavily reliant on my my mood in that current moment.
The answer I will give today is ‘The Perks of being a wallflower’.
This film is honestly amazing, it really captures the way suppressed memories and childhood trauma can affect us later on in life without our realisation. It is a beautiful poetic film that helps you to realise that you’re not alone regardless of how alone you may feel. It’s pretty much the first encounter I’ve had with mental health issues & I found myself being able to relate to the protagonist, which I guess was pretty scary.
Everyone should watch this film at least once,you won’t regret it.
If you know me you know that I love reading, so much so that I plan on building a library in my future house.
The thing I love about books is that they have the ability to transport you to another dimension. You get the chance to escape your own world for a while & live vicariously through someone else, which in some circumstances (if not all) is a welcoming idea.
Ways to live forever by Sally Nicholls is one of many books that I could read over & over again. It is based on a cancer battling 11 year old boy, who is on the journey of completing his dead best friend’s bucket list. Sounds a little familiar right? Released around 10 years ago,you can really understand how the theme & writing style of this book, has gone on to inspire many authors of this generation.
I don’t want to ruin anything in case you go on to read it but be prepared to cry. Not just a little sob here & there but a full on ugly Kim cry 😂
Maybe I should leave this post until the end of year…
These last few months have been somewhat filled with an equally weighted amount of highs and lows.
However, in this post there will probably be more highs than lows as my lows are probably too personal to post.
– Started a new job (like a proper one)
– Saw Paramore in concert (in addition to Daniel Caesar, PND, H.E.R & Majid Jordan)
– Tried weetabix for the first time in over 10 years & actually liked it
– Started to post more consistently on my once forgotten about blog
– Got my IEC visa approved 🎉
– Started my 5th game of thrones book
– Didn’t do anything for my birthday
– Haven’t been to church as much as I probably should
– Had a really scary reaction to Diazepam (blog post for this is needed)
– Nearly watched Tony Stark die
– Had a few meltdowns lol
Right so where to begin…
I’ve been rattling my brain for the last few hours trying to figure out what actually counts as an interesting fact. I have come to the conclusion that I have none. There for the following will just be general facts as opposed to interesting ones.
1. I’m allergic to grass
2. I loveeee reading
3. When I was 19 I punctured my achilles tendon with scissors & had chicken pox at the same time
4. Every single bone in my body clicks
5. I love all genres of music
6. My first concert was Avril Lavigne when I was 8 years old
7. “The perks of being a wallflower” is by far my favourite film
8. I’m teaching myself Italian (I’m actually pretty decent)
9. I passed my driving test with 2 minors
10. I participated in gymnastics for 6 years
11. I’m 5’9.5
12. I know the whole twilight film word for word (don’t judge me)
13. Marvel is life
14. Robert Downey jr is my favourite actor
15. Vegetarian sushi is my fav but I hate sushi with fish